If you missed last year’s “Black On Black” exhibition, you now have another chance. It’s back and on view inside the Reed Building Lobby at 318 Blackwell Street at American Tobacco Campus in Durham (beside Cuban Revolution).
Stop by during the Third Friday Durham art walk on March 17 from 6 to 9 p.m. for a reception to see the works and meet some of the artists.
The exhibition, which is in partnership with VAE Raleigh, features 10 North Carolina-based artists of color and includes multimedia, paintings, drawings and mixed media works.
The curators of the exhibition worked with gallerist Kelly McChesney to install the works, which will be on view until April 30. The exhibition and programming are in association with the Art of Cool Festival, taking place April 28-30.
Make sure and stop by during the Third Friday art walk on March 17 from 6 to 9 p.m. There is street parking, or you can park in the parking decks. Click here to learn more about parking. You can enter the Strickland/Reed Building off of Blackwell Street and walk down the stairs. You can also enter the building from inside of ATC using the entrance next to Cuban Revolution.
Contribute to the conversation using the hashtag #BlackOnBlackATC.
Enter the Black Violin ticket giveaway
The curators are also partnering with Kidznotes for a Black Violin ticket giveaway! Black Violin plays at the Carolina Theatre in Durham on Thursday, March 23. We’re giving away TWO PAIRS of tickets to the Kidznotes & Black Violin: Uniting Durham event that includes all the following happening on March 23:
- 5 p.m. – Watch Black Violin’s soundcheck and have a quick meet-and-greet at the Carolina Theatre
- 6 p.m. – Enjoy a pre-concert dinner including a Kidznotes performance at the Rickhouse
- 8 p.m. – Black Violin concert at the Carolina Theatre
- Immediately following the show – VIP after-party at The Durham Hotel
There are TWO ways enter:
- Visit the “Black On Black” exhibition site at artsnownc.com/blackonblack and share one of the stories from the site via Twitter using the hashtag #BlackOnBlackATC
- Go see the exhibition in the Reed Building Lobby at American Tobacco Campus (318 Blackwell Street) and post about it on Instagram prior to Third Friday in Durham using the hashtag #BlackOnBlackATC
Entries will entered into a database and two random winners will be selected and each receive a pair of tickets. Winners will be announced by Kidznotes at 8 p.m. during Third Friday, March 17 at the exhibition in the Reed Building Lobby at American Tobacco Campus. Winners MUST BE PRESENT on Third Friday to redeem tickets. Enter now!